Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What did your mom teach you as a child?



What did you mom teach you as a child?
Maybe she passed on her most delicious baking tips, or how to sew up newly-torn pants. We want to hear about it! Let us know your funny or touching stories by May 8th, and you could get a prize pack for your mom to thank her for all that sweet wisdom!

When I think about my mom, I think about how she taught me a lot about food. Use your nose: smell if your pan is burning, sniff an orange navel for freshness. She taught me to chew more (stated in a motherly way, "you have teeth, that's why they're there!). I learned how to avoid extended stays in the bathroom by not eating so many pomegranate seeds (though in this case I didn't listen to my mom at first, ate the seeds anyways and learned the hard way). All of this wisdom from so much experience couldn't have been gleaned from anywhere, but only from mom.

Read and submit your story now!

No comments: